The Retzlaff Winery Experience
Book a wine-tasting session or reserve a table to enjoy a bottle of Retzlaff wine on our expansive lawn.
Free live music most weekends – performers and details are on the Calendar page.
Reservations are recommended.
We understand that things happen spontaneously. We will try to accommodate small walk-in groups if space available, after we check in reserved guests. Groups of 6 or more require a reservation. See options below.
Cellar Master Wine Tasting
Gather around a barrel table to sample 5 exceptional wines in a 1-hour tasting. Tasting is outdoors under a big tent. View reservation options.
- $30 per person. $30 is credited back with the purchase of 2 bottles.
- Retzlaff Wine club members enjoy a complimentary tasting each quarter for members and 3 guests. Join the wine club now, then reserve your reservation under “Wine Club” on the reservations page.
- Tasting barrels accommodate 4 persons comfortably. Groups of 5-12 will be placed at adjacent tasting barrels.
- Sorry, but children and food are not permitted in the wine-tasting area.
Tasting reservations for groups of 13 or more: please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Premium Wine Tasting
Enjoy an expanded tasting menu with a charcuterie or vegetarian hummus plate to compliment your wines in this 90-minute seated tasting experience. View reservation options.
- $55 per person
- Includes a wide selection of our fine wines, starting with our Sparkling and ending with our famous Port, and includes a meal choice (select your meal with your reservation)
- Children are not permitted in the wine-tasting area
- Groups of 4 or more will be charged a 20% gratuity at the conclusion of the tasting
Relax on the lovely Retzlaff grounds with a bottle of wine. Bottle service, stemware, ice buckets, and seating at tables or barrels are included in your 2-hour reservation.
- Space fee is $5 per person, including non-drinkers. Please include children 3 and older in your reservation count.
- Club members enjoy free picnic space for up to 3 guests. $5 per person for 5 or more.
- 2-hour reservation includes stemware, bottle service, and ice buckets, with free live music most weekends.
- The purchase of 1 bottle for every 2 attending adults is required. Wine may be taken home to enjoy later.
Event & Table reservations for groups of 13 or more: please email email@example.com.
- Snack items and beverages can be purchased in the Retzlaff wine shop.
- Many weekend days we have excellent fresh food available for purchase from Tasteful Catering and Events, including vegan and vegetarian options. Check our calendar and note if the day you plan to visit has our caterer.
Tasting Room Hours
12:00 PM – 4:30 PM
Friday – Monday
(Or by appointment)
Visiting Policies at Retzlaff Vineyards
We are committed to a safe experience for you and appreciate your commitment to keeping us safe as well. We monitor and follow all State of California and Alameda County guidelines for safe operations, including outdoor experiences with ample space between groups. A visit to Retzlaff Vineyards may look slightly different these days, but what hasn’t changed are our high standards of hospitality and the quality of our wines!
Check-In with our Hostess on arrival. Enter the winery lawn and look for the Hostess station. Here, we will get you started on your visit with us. On weekdays, head directly to the wine shop.
Reservations are recommended. We understand that things happen spontaneously; we will attempt to accommodate small walk-in groups AFTER we have checked-in guests with reservations. We will not be able to take walk-ins of groups with more than 6 people. Table reservations are limited to 2 hours to give us time to prep between each seating.
Purchasing Wine: The shop is a charming, cozy place, but small. Please line up at the door of the Retzlaff wine shop when making a purchase and wait to be called in for your turn by one of our staff.
Food: Check our Calendar page for weekend dates when our food partner is on-site selling their amazing selection of appetizers and lunch items. The Retzlaff shop also has packaged snack items, sodas, and juices for sale. You may bring outside food to enjoy with wine bottle sales on the picnic grounds (along with your own utensils, plates, serve wear, and napkins). Note: food is not allowed in the wine-tasting area unless included with a Premium Tasting at our designated Premium tables.
Help us keep it clean: With all food consumed on the property, please clean up and discard your garbage and empty wine bottles before your leave, including leftover food, plates, utensils, napkins. Garbage and recycling bins are located on the winery grounds in several places. This reduces everyone’s exposure to germs and keeps the property nice for other guests.
Be mindful: Please treat everyone with patience and kindness. We are all in this together. We promise to do the same and will do everything we can to make your visit truly enjoyable.
Giving you space: Our tasting room lawn will allow for ample space between tables. If you have not made a reservation please call before your visit to see if we are able to accommodate you, we will do our best.
Keeping it clean: Tables and chairs cleaned are after each reservation. All non-disposable items are sanitized with commercial cleaning products. Our staff washes and sanitizes their hands before handling clean items.
How we ask you to protect us:
Respect our space: Please observe our current reservation policy. While here, please maintain distance from anyone not in your immediate party. Please dispose of your trash and recyclables in the many bins located on the grounds. Please stay home if you are not feeling well.
Children: Children must always remain with their adults and are not permitted in the tented tasting area or in the wine shop. Children may not be left unaccompanied and must be seated with their adults. We do not allow kids-only tables. Children may not use the restrooms unaccompanied without their adult. Loud and unruly play is not permitted. Please come with table-top entertainment for your children. Children are charged in the per-person reservation pricing, but are not counted toward the bottle purchase quantity requirement.
Pets: Well-behaved, leashed, and non-barking dogs are permitted. No more than 2 dogs per group per table. Please pick up after your pet. Bring a water bowl and water for your dog. Do not allow children or strangers to pet your dog. Please no bones.